1. "Invalid owner in token"
The problem occurs when you are authorized with "grant_type": "client_credentials" and you are trying to perform actions in the OLX user context, for example: adding the ad or checking out account balance. In this situation you have to authorize yourself with "grant_type": "autorization_code".
2. Content-Type: application/json
If you use a GET request, do not use the "Content-Type": "application/json" header - it is dedicated to PUT, POST request. Otherwise, you will stumble upon 400 Bad Request Error.
3. "Missing required header"
This error means that there is no version header in your request. It is necessary in some requests. For example: if you are using API v2, there should be "Version": "2.0" header in your request.
4. Why refresh_token has expired?
Refresh token is valid for one month (2592000 seconds) and expires after this time - there is no possibility to generate eternal refresh token. Also it can be changed when new access token is generated. You may need to update access token and refresh token in your database. Please keep them safe.
5. How to set up callback URL?
- Go to "Your Apps" section and choose "Edit App":
- Fill in "Redirect uri" field and save the changes:
- You can provide more URI if it is needed. To do it, please separate them by space.
6. Can I use API to read other people ads?
It is not possible - you can manage only your own ads added on your authorized OLX account.
7. "The grant type is unauthorized for this client_id"
Problem is related to "grant_type" you are using in a request if your API account is not allowed to use specific grant type. Firstly check out if grant type is valid. If everything looks good but you constantly stumble upon this error - send us an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org - we will help you.
8. How can I manage my ads in a different countries?
You can manage your ads via API in countries listed below:
Note that client_id and client_secret allow you to manage your ads only for one country. If you would like to manage your ads in another country, you have to authorize OLX account created in a given country where you want to manage the ads. Then you will get new credentials.
9. How can I test API? Do you provide any test environment?
Unfortunately, we do not provide test environment in API. You can use another OLX account or create a new one and authorize it in order to test API requests.
10. In which categories can I post the ads?
Some categories may be excluded from adding the ads depending on the country (for example: Real estate or free categories in Poland). If you are not sure if you will be able to post the ads in a given category, please contact us by e-mail to: email@example.com - we will help you.